Thursday, August 30, 2018

Ken Chan, ideal choice to play Boyet in GMA’s ‘My Special Tatay’


Kapuso actor Ken Chan plays the role of Boyet, a man with Mild Intellectual Disability with Mild Autism Spectrum Disorder. When asked if there were other actors who vied for the role, the director, LA Madridejos, said that there were no first, second or third choice to portray the character.

“I’ve worked with Ken before and I know his capacity as an actor. I believed he was the ideal actor to play Boyet. This is about his disability but it’s more malalim. And I can relate to the challenges and experiences of his character especially about bullying. In school when I was young, I was bullied,” he said, adding “I’m sure mamahalin ng mga audience si Boyet.”

“My role here as Boyet is the most challenging so far that I have done, ito ang pinakamahirap na role na ginampanan ko. And I’m so thankful to GMA Network for giving such good and challenging roles like in ‘The Cure’ and now here in ‘My Special Tatay,” this is a very sensitive role,” Ken expressed.

To prepare himself for the role, Ken said they did a lot of research about the disability, they watched a lot movies and did immersions, and had workshops. “At sa tulong ng lahat ng ito, nabuo ko ang character ko. Mahirap isabuhay siya but I hope the audience will like what we are going to offer them. Doble ang kaba ko for this show dahil kailangan nating ipaintindi sa viewers kung ano ba talaga ang pinagdadaanan ng mga taong may intellectual disability.”

It’s his first time to play a father and Ken said, it was a much welcomed role since “I am very fond of children. Mahilig talaga ako sa mga bata, at hindi ako nahirapan sa pag-alaga ko sa anak ko sa teleseryeng ito.”

Airing on Sept. 3, on GMA Afternoon Prime, “My Special Tatay” also features Jestoni Alarcon, Teresa Loyzaga, Ms. Carmen Soriano, Lilet, Candy Pangilinan, Matt Evans, Empress Schuck, Valeen Montenegro, Ashley Rivera, Arra San Agustin , Rita Daniela , Jillian Ward , Bruno Gabriel and John Kenneth Giducos.

* * *

Tidbits: Happy birthday greetings today, Aug. 30, go to Richard Enriquez, Ariel Inton, Carlos Palanca III, Edgar Mortiz, Anna Marie Baradi, Ed Sy, Andrea Ruth Robinson, Albert M. Gerilla, Priscilla Valdecanas, Jericho Ejercito, and Manny Garcia…Happy 19th wedding anniversary to Erwin Amboy and Mylene Grace Amboy

No comments:

Post a Comment